The Most Important Features of a Commercial Phone System
If you’re thinking about installing a commercial phone system for your business, you probably want to know what features are the most important to have in order to make your company run as efficiently as possible. Thankfully, the experts from ComTech Cloud in Maryland are here to answer all of your commercial phone system questions.
Why Choose VoIP for Your Commercial Phone System?
Voice over Internet Protocol (or VoIP) enables you to carry telephone calls and other communication features over your company’s IP data network instead of using an outdated landline. This results in less installation hassle, fewer expenses, and more efficiency from your employees. The benefits of VoIP are especially practical if you own a company that will need a commercial phone system for multiple locations. Instead of dealing with a mess of tangled wires and costly long-distance calls, all you’ll need to is manage your existing data network—it’s that easy.
Features of VoIP Phone Systems
- Unified voicemail and fax messaging – Unified voicemail and fax messaging allows your voicemail and faxes to integrate with email, giving you a more streamlined communication system.
- E911 – If you ever have an emergency, your E911 system will provide a 911 caller’s callback number to emergency service personnel.
- Intra-office calling – With free calling between offices, you’ll no longer need to worry about expensive long-distance calls.
- Softphones or “App” – With softphones or “App,” you can make phone calls through your computer or even your smartphone.
- Caller ID – While caller ID is typically an extra charge with standard commercial phone systems, ComTech Cloud offers this feature for free. You can even set customizable names for your callers.
- Voicemail – With a VoIP system, you can have the convenience of voicemail without all of the expensive and complicated equipment. You can also send your voicemails through emails as an audio file for added organization and convenience.
- Call forwarding – With call forwarding, you can forward your incoming office calls to your personal phone lines (mobile, home, etc.) to ensure that you never miss a call from a client, even if you’re away from your desk.
- Auto attendant – Auto attendant enables your phone system to answer calls with a customized company greeting and route to any extension, employee, or department with ease.
- Voice to email – Voice to email automatically sends each voicemail you receive to your email inbox. Each audio file includes the date, time, and duration of the call.
Benefits of VoIP
In addition to the features listed above, commercial VoIP phone systems offer these benefits:
- Cost savings
- Unlimited calling
- Built-in disaster recovery (BDR)
Commercial VoIP Phone Installation in MD, DC & VA
If you’re looking for a commercial phone company for your small, medium-sized, or enterprise business, the VoIP experts at ComTech Cloud are here to help. You can depend on us for complimentary installation, ongoing assistance and maintenance, and a level of accountability that you can rely on. For all of your VoIP needs in Maryland, Northern Virginia, or the DC Metro area, get in touch with ComTech Cloud in Gaithersburg.